2.27.2007
Talk About "Taste From Home!"


One of my favourite stores back in my pre-marriage home of Berkley, Michigan was the cheery and eclectic Catching Fireflies. That it was within walking distance (maybe a mile away) from my apartment made it that much more tempting. From whimsical little knickknacks (like pretty picture frames) to jewelry and even fabulously retro kitchen goodies, this is my kind of store! I really miss the ability to stroll over on a sunny afternoon to peruse the massive cute at this charming little shop - but thanks to the power of the internet, I can still look and shop via their online store.

There are so many pretty things in the shop it's hard to pick just one, but this cranberry beaded handbag is too lovely not to share. It's a perfect colour (you know how I feel about red handbags) and the embroidered flowers add that little extra something for a dressy, classic look. A 46" silver chain is included in case you want or need to hang this delicious treat from your shoulder, but I like the silver handle - very ladylike and demure.

As the lovely ladies at Catching Fireflies tell us, this really is perfect for a night on the town or a day on which you just want that extra-special accessory to cheer you or add that additional insight into your personality. Not only will the bag look great with a cocktail dress, I think it woul look equally fabulous with a pair of jeans and a crisp blouse or a 50s-style daydress.

$38 from Catching Fireflies. Be sure to check out their site - they cover nearly everything, from babies and pets to kitchen and stationery.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer