5.02.2007
Natural Beauty



Isn't this a pretty tee? Perfect for topping off jeans or a skirt, for a day bumming around town or going to a friend's party, it features what the artist describes as a bird's eye view of a seeding dandelion to one side. The artwork is striking, and the soft monochromatic tone is truly lovely and perfect for this time of year and the approaching summer. It is funny that of all flowers, dandelions (to which I'm violently allergic, interestingly enough), a weed, have such a sweet and pretty ending to their life, isn't it? Perhaps that's why they are so ubiquitous.

Artist Alison has hand-silkscreened this beautifully waning bloom onto a soft and comfortable cotton tee using a tabletop press. This $26 shirt is an open run, and comes in sizes from small to extra-large, and also comes in a dark gunmetal grey tee with purpley-blue bloom.



Just because I can (hee!), I wanted to feature this other tee, which is also very pretty and in a slightly different style. A grand live oak is silkscreened onto a chic pale blue puff-sleeve tee. I'm not sure if I like the puff sleeves or the live oak better - but as it's a symbol of the South I love so much, I've got to go with the tree. (Besides, the Derby is Saturday afternoon.) For just $22, this is listed as coming in small and medium only, but Alison's profile says you can email her with requests, so it is definitely worth contacting her about if you're interested, right?



These and many other goodies, from short and long-sleeved tees to skirts, toddler pants, and baby onesies (not sure if I like the pirate ship scary seas or meatball one more - my friends really need to start having kids!) are all available from the talented and very sharp-eyed owner of Circular Accessories. When I say sharp-eyed, I mean it; Alison creates really terrific, unique designs that I guarantee are nothing like what you'll find at other stores, and that' meant in the best of ways! Ladies with an affinity for nature will especially like the shop, but I genuinely think Alison's artwork is one of those things most people will really enjoy.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Oh wow! I am so flattered to be featured. This made my day! I love nature and studied landscape architecture in grad school; now I design clothes with my favorite plants instead of gardens.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer