8.24.2007
Fun Friday: A Guard Dog For Your Sweater


Hooray, Friday is here! I have a whole weekend of pulling carpet staples from our wood floors to look forward to. ;) Thank goodness for radio and iPods, right? Of course, the Travers Stakes is tomorrow, and Street Sense is looking good, so I'll definitely be watching that no matter what happens. I hope you all have wonderful weekend plans, too.

Now, I know we've been doing Bakelite all week, but this is not Bakelite. However, it is a pretty fabulous piece and reminiscent of Bakelite, and it is a vintage piece from the 50s or 60s made of celluloid.

I've seen a lot of cute sweater guards in my day, but this greyhound and heart one has to be the best I've ever seen. A dark brown greyhound stands at attention at one end, and at the other end of his brass chain is a red and black heart bearing a rhinestone (the heart almost has a Valentine-y look, doesn't it?). In addition to holding your sweater onto you should you decide you want to wear your sweater sans arms, it would make a pretty brooch - and as you know, I'm a big fan of using brooches in places other than on sweaters! Just imagine the possibilities with this one... $15. If you work with any of the greyhound rescue groups (my favourite is ReGAP), this would be great to give as a gift to a fellow volunteer or to wear to group events, wouldn't it?

Seller Curvy Broad is happy to lengthen the hain for you if you think you'll need the extra length - right now, it's 3". Her shop is yet another full of vintage wonderfulness, and I'm sure you'll love it.

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer