9.28.2007
Fun Fridays: Fun With the Fishes
My apologies for not being "here" last night — my mother-in-law arrived for a last-minute visit (she'd not seen our home yet). Today, after a much-needed visited to our kinesiologist, we took her to the National Aviary; if you've never been there, it's a fun place to visit, and today was the perfect day to do so. Still, we're back (after we took her to dinner at one of Pittsburgh's yummiest restaurants, Atria's) on our own tonight, the Oktoberfest meal at Atria's being quite heavy, so here I am.



These koi necklaces from Sunny Rising Leather caught my eye at Etsy today, and they were irresistible. Definitely different, each koi is hand-tooled and painted from leather by artist Allisunny. The work on these fish is so lifelike and beautiful - it's realistic and gracefully done, don't you think?

The black koi double strand necklace boasts not just a black koi, but tourmaline and czech glass beads, all suspended from a double strand of sterling silver chain. $72. We've also got the strawberry dessert koi with white beads, hanging on a double strand of vintage brass chain. With her peachy-red tones, this fish comes very close to the real-life colours of a koi. $68. (Of the two, I must admit that the black is my favourite.)

I hope everyone has a marvellous weekend!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Allisunny S. said...

Thanks, Jen!!! Ummmm, Atria's?
LOVE it there: I grew up in the 'Burgh, in Mt. Lebanon.
Small, small world :)

Hooray!!!
xo
Allison ( Sunny )

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer