10.09.2007
Breaking my own rule...

At least this once! I've never featured anything but indie here, and indie goods are, in part, what I'm in the game for, but...rules are made to be broken at least once in a while, right?

The thing is, I have this sateen polka-dot dress from Target and can't wait 'till it's cool enough to wear this myself (though it could be a month). The shirtdress is classically cut, with just the right amount of flare and twirl, with long sleeves that can easily be adjusted as necessary. Of course, it button all the way up and you can cinch that waist with the ribbon that comes with. The chocolate brown with tiny white pin dots is going to flatter just about everyone, and this cute dress comes in sizes from 2 to 18. Wonderfully, the neckline isn't uncomfortably deep, something I spent some time lamenting when wrap dresses were so hot a few years ago. This is definitely a modest, ladylike, and attractive dress.

Shirt dresses have been making what the fashion types refer to as a "comeback", but if you ask me, they're a timeless wardrobe staple. Whether they're cotton, satin, chiffon, or taffeta, the shirt dress is an American classic for a reason: it's flattering to nearly everyone and just as easy to wear.

I'll warn you that these dresses are already quite scarce, if not gone entirely, at local Target shops, so your best bet may be to order online. It's just $27.99, and I can just short of guarantee you'll get more than your money's worth from the dress.

Have a great night!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer